We need an internal keyword.

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 21:48:22 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 21 October 2018 at 17:09:05 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> I know what the current design is!! You have zero tools in
> regarding to allowing class to share certain variables but not
> others in the same module! Create a module for every class is
> taking all or nothing approach, when there is a reasonable
> middle ground.
> Your package solution just make things more unnecessarily
> complicated then warranted

It's not "my" solution. It's D's solution. I perfectly understand
why you'd want this and I would probably make use of a
private/internal difference myself if it was available.

If you already know about this solution however, I don't even
know why you're starting this thread; since changing the behavior
of private would be a major language change breaking tons of
existing codebases, plus it would require adding yet another
keyword.

Given that this conversation has happened before and things
haven't changed, I'm very doubtful that it could happen at any
point in time, sadly.