Dlist and dip1000 challenge

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 23 22:22:18 UTC 2018

On 10/23/2018 3:10 PM, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> My improvements to DIP1000 are completely dead in the water due to lack
> of interest. It's impossible to make Phobos DIP1000 compatible if nobody
> is willing to approve the improvements.
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/8504

Every time you say this I want to drive over and bonk you up side the
head.  You keep making this statement and it's almost entirely false.
The onus has been on you to produce specs and docs for this major change
to the language semantics.  You inevitably point to the one issue in
bugzilla, which is then pointed out to be sketchy and incomplete and the
topic fades off into history, again.

If you want this to make forward progress, and I think it's fairly
agreed that it needs to, you really need to accept that it's past time
to do the documentation work.

Sigh,
Brad