The State of the GUI

dayllenger dayllenger at protonmail.com
Thu Oct 25 02:45:20 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 25 October 2018 at 01:39:20 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:

> However, if I design an app that looks the same and functions
> the same across platforms (mobile, web, desktop) then the brain
> develops shortcuts for things like button color, menu ordering,
> etc.

What if someone makes an application only for one platform, or
only for desktop or mobile? Or someone needs to quickly create a
simple utility and assumes that there is a good default theme -
native, which looks and behaves similarly as in that whole
platform, utilizing "mental shortcuts" of that environment.