The State of the GUI

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Thu Oct 25 10:10:05 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 25 October 2018 at 10:03:27 UTC, drug wrote:
> 25.10.2018 12:45, Adam Wilson пишет:
>>>
>>> I'm part of the many who tried to build his own little GUI
>>> framework and finally gave up because a GUI framework
>>> requires many knowledge in many domain (i.e you want to to
>>> work on a GUI but you have to loose your time on learning how
>>> clipboard works on X...). It's time to move on. When you'll
>>> have finished the core (windowing, message loop) it will be
>>> time to build something serious on top. I think that
>>> something like the Lazarus widgetset system may work.
>>>
>>> People just need to start working together. Talents are here
>>> but fragmented.
>>
>> +1
>>
> I'm agree too. I see a few people here who thinks like you. So
> probably all we need is just to start collaborating? For
> example create some working group here or there?

Me and Alphaglosined are often on IRC but maybe mail will be
better until something start to live since there are probably
many design choices to discuss, IRC is better for small simple
issues. A niche news group here would be nice too and it was
asked at least two times in the past.

We can make a GH organization too even if there's nothing to wok
on so far.