Protected package?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:23:50 UTC 2018

On 10/25/18 3:53 PM, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 October 2018 at 19:48:43 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

>>> Well I don't think there no harm of doing so.
>>
>> Sorry, I'm not sure what the question is.
>>
>> What is "this" and how is it being extended to protected?
>>
>> FYI, I didn't know that you could package something to a specific
>> identifier, interesting.
>>

> The package visibility attribute. It is an extension of private, which
> means that it is not inheritable.

I think what you are asking is for a "package protected" attribute that
acts like protected, but ONLY for modules inside the given package, right?

You would need new syntax for this, for sure. So I think a DIP might be
required. There is a problem with having package protected be something
different, because right now a visibility attribute overrides, not adds
to, an existing attribute.

-Steve