Scope modules DIP rough messy draft.

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 22:03:12 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 27 October 2018 at 20:34:36 UTC, Jusl wrote:
> So when you copy and paste, do so by putting it into its own
> module.
...Which you be doing anyways with the feature I presented.
Don't like it? Don't use it. Same reason for goto statements.
> If you are just going to copy and paste it into another one
> time script then it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.
Which is your opinion. I have use old code from one time scripts
before, and saves me quite amount of time. No need to write
multiple files to write a one time script that involves
encapsulation. Which again a design decision that I and other
programmers can make. People are going to use d language in ways
that you may not agree with. You not agreeing with the design
decision they make is not an argument against the features
themselves.
> You can still use private and such in your one time script and
> when you copy and paste it to a larger file with its own
> modules you will have the encapsulation.
Again a mere opinion regarding design decision and not the
feature itself.
> Separating code into multiple files with modules is also good
> programming practice :).
Which sometimes you got break the rules in order to get something
done. Like using goto for instance.
> If you are going to day that you can't really pick and choose
> the ones that only benefit your argument.
...What?