The State of the GUI

Abdulhaq alynch4047 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 20:28:46 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 28 October 2018 at 07:30:54 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 28/10/2018 8:27 PM, Abdulhaq wrote:
>>
>> I just had vision of Andrei, waking up after a nightmare,
>> pouring with sweat and his wife says to him 'whats wrong,
>> what's wrong' and he says 'i had a nightmare. D reached 1
>> million developers' and she says ' I thought that's what you
>> wanted' and he says 'they were all ex-COBOL developers'
>
> That is certainly chuckle worthy. But at least the foundation
> would have a lot of money to splash around giving them what
> they want!

So was the COBOL parser for profit or pleasure? Was a compiler
ever written? What did you write the parser in? I did a COBOL
training course in Chicago in 1986 and  wrote the programs on a
type of grid paper. I guess it's changed a bit since then :-).