The State of the GUI

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:06:46 UTC 2018

On Monday, 29 October 2018 at 15:15:44 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Sunday, 28 October 2018 at 05:56:21 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
>> No arguments from me. So let's do it right.
>
> https://newsroom.ibm.com/2018-10-28-IBM-To-Acquire-Red-Hat-Completely-Changing-The-Cloud-Landscape-And-Becoming-Worlds-1-Hybrid-Cloud-Provider
>>IBM To Acquire Red Hat, Completely Changing The Cloud Landscape
>>And Becoming World's #1 Hybrid Cloud Provider
>>Most significant tech acquisition of 2018 will unlock true
>>value of cloud for business
>>IBM and Red Hat to provide open approach to cloud, featuring
>>unprecedented security and portability across multiple clouds
>>Deal accelerates IBM's high-value business model, making IBM
>>the #1 hybrid cloud provider in an emerging $1 trillion growth
>>market
>>Red Hat to operate as a distinct unit within IBM's Hybrid Cloud
>>team
>
> $34 billion were just launched into cloud, not Qt, not UWP. $1
> trillion growth market.

Someone is not so happy about that move: as usual, a news is a
news, and you can extract whatever you want from it.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-28/desperation-move-ibm-buys-red-hat-34-billion-largest-ever-acquisition

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-29/ibm-bond-yields-default-risk-spike-after-red-hat-deal