Writing a Linux driver in the D ecosystem

sarn sarn at theartofmachinery.com
Tue Oct 30 07:24:51 UTC 2018

On Monday, 29 October 2018 at 15:51:49 UTC, Eduard Staniloiu
wrote:
> I know it's a long post, but any suggestions?

Do you have the basic hello world module working?  (Basically
your C code minus the call to D code.)

If that works, I'd confirm that the module contains what I expect
using some basic binary analysis.

This will do a disassembly of your module, resolving relocations:

objdump -dr hellomod.ko

All the functions you've defined should be in the .text section.
You should see a call to call_d() in the disassembly of
dummy_init().