Why do private member variables behaved like protected in the same module when creating deriving class?

unprotected-entity unprotected-entity at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 04:57:12 UTC 2018

On Monday, 29 October 2018 at 10:32:00 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> I can't speak for others, but it's a feature I use fairly
> often. I tend to design aggregates and free functions to the
> module, as a cohesive whole, rather than as separate parts. If
> I want separate parts, I put them in different modules and use
> `package` for the bits that need to stay out of the public API.
> Works a treat.

Well, I think I've dicussed this enough.

I point you all to this link, that has essentially what I'm
asking for in D.

"'www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refse34.html'"

Something like their 'strict private' would really be an
advantage to D.

And.. not a single response, so far, has reasonably demonstated,
that giving this option to the programmer, would negatively
affect the perception or use of D.

I rest my case.