This thread on Hacker News terrifies me

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Sep 1 07:59:27 UTC 2018

On 8/31/2018 5:40 PM, tide wrote:
> On Friday, 31 August 2018 at 22:42:39 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 8/31/2018 2:40 PM, tide wrote:
>>> I don't think I've ever had a **game** hung up in a black screen and not be
>>> able to close it.
>>
>> I've had that problem with every **DVD player** I've had in the last 20 years.
>> Power cycling is the only fix.
>
> Two very different things, odds are your DVD players code aren't even written
> with a complete C compiler or libraries.

Doesn't matter. It's clear that DVD player software is written by cowboy
programmers who likely believe that it's fine to continue running a program
after it has entered an invalid state, presumably to avoid annoying customers.

Newer DVD/Bluray players have an ethernet port on the back. I'd never connect
such a P.O.S. malware incubator to my LAN.