This thread on Hacker News terrifies me

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Sep 1 08:05:58 UTC 2018

On 8/31/2018 5:47 PM, tide wrote:
> I've already read them before. Why don't you explain what is wrong with it
> rather than posting articles.

Because the articles explain the issues at length. Explaining why your proposal
is deeply flawed was the entire purpose I wrote them.

> You are just taking one line comments without even
> thinking about the context.

We can start with the observation that a fly-by-wire is not a fundamentally
different system than a fully powered hydraulic system or even a pilot muscle
cable system, when we're talking about safety principles.

There's nothing magic about software. It's just more complicated (a fact that
makes it even MORE important to adhere to sound principles, not throw them out
the window).