Engine of forum

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat Sep 1 22:10:27 UTC 2018

On 08/21/2018 10:18 AM, Seb wrote:

> There are a few good points to move D.learn to Stack Overflow and that's
> actually one thing that we have talked about a few times and somehow
> never has happened. In the D survey there was a 2:1 "consensus" for
> StackOverflow.

Eeew, god no. That would be HORRIBLE.

I've used StackOverflow. It's NOT a place for asking and answering
questions. It's a place where anybody who fancies themself a control
freak can come play out their hall-monitor/web-moderator fantasies all
while earning points toward nifty stickers(!!!) and leveling-up their
self-righteousness stats to earn bigger and better tools for exerting
control over others.

I'm not even joking: StackOverflow might not have intended it, but it
really IS more of a mixed-reality social MMO than a Q&A tool. I'm amazed
that anyone who's tried it can still take it seriously.

In D.learn: People post questions. Other people post answers. Done.

In StackOverflow: Attempts to ask/answer regularly just get
shame-slapped into oblivion by any one of the hundreds (thousands?) of
members mostly just there to play the meta-game.