Engine of forum

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sun Sep 2 01:02:31 UTC 2018

On 09/01/2018 07:46 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 9/1/2018 3:58 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Saturday, 1 September 2018 at 22:10:27 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>> I've used StackOverflow. It's NOT a place for asking and answering
>>> questions.
>>
>> I generally agree, but the D tag on it isn't so bad since most the
>> annoying regulars keep away. It is more the domain of me and a handful
>> of other regular D folks (though indeed, sometimes the annoying types
>> step in to shut stuff down, I often will just answer it anyway
>> (ab)using my 20,000 magic internet points to comment on closed stuff
>> if I happen to see it in time)

That's good to hear. Although, can't help fearing how the environment
there might chance if it did become the new official D.learn.

> Sometimes I get caught up in Reddit/Hackernews karma. Then, I remember
> that it's absurdly meaningless. Maybe if Reddit/Hackernews would let me
> exchange karma for a tote bag or t-shirt :-)

Nah, man, go to Dave & Busters or Round One for your trinkets. Skee-Ball
beats internet debates any day ;) (Come to think of it...why am I here
and not there now? They have imports! Iiiiimmmports!!!!)