D is dead (was: Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.)

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 08:41:30 UTC 2018

On Monday, 3 September 2018 at 16:41:32 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> 15 years ago, people were complaining that there was only one D
> compiler.  It is ironic that people now complain that there's
> too many.

One needs multiple implementations to confirm the accuracy of the
language specification. D still has one implementation, i.e. one
compiler with multiple backends, distributed as multiple
executables (with tweaks).

Anyway, I think people complained about the first and only
compiler being non-free. That's not relevant  now, of course.