This thread on Hacker News terrifies me

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 16:39:10 UTC 2018

On Monday, 3 September 2018 at 02:58:01 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> In the 50's/60's in particular, I imagine a much larger
> percentage of programmers probably had either some formal
> engineering background or something equally strong.

I guess some had, but my impression it that it was a rather mixed
group (probably quite a few from physics since they got to use
computers for calculations).

I have heard that some hired people with a music background as
musicians understood the basic algorithmic ideas of instructions
and loops. I.e. how to read and write instructions to be followed
(sheet-music).

Programming by punching in numbers was pretty tedious too... so
you would want someone veeeery patient.