This is why I don't use D.

Everlast Everlast at For.Ever
Wed Sep 5 00:49:36 UTC 2018

I downloaded 3ddemo, extracted, built and I get these errors:

logger 2.66.0: building configuration "library"...
\dub\packages\logger-2.66.0\logger\std\historical\logger\core.d(1717,16): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression logger of type shared(Logger) to std.historical.logger.core.Logger
\dub\packages\logger-2.66.0\logger\std\historical\logger\core.d(261,21): Error: no property fracSec for type const(SysTime), did you mean std.datetime.systime.SysTime.fracSecs?
\dub\packages\logger-2.66.0\logger\std\historical\logger\filelogger.d(86,27): Error: template instance `std.historical.logger.core.systimeToISOString!(LockingTextWriter)` error instantiating
dmd.exe failed with exit code 1.

This is typical with most of my trials with D... something is
always broken all the time and I'm expected to jump through a
bunch of hoops to get it to work. File a issue, fix it myself,
use a different library, etc. I'm expected to waste my time
fixing a problem that really should not exist or should have a
high degree of automation to help fix it. I really have better
things to do with my time so I won't invest it in D.

This attitude of "It's your problem" is going to kill D.

There is really no incentive for me to use D except for it's
language features... everything else it does, besides
performance, is shit compared to what most other languages do.
Really, D wins on very few metrics but the D fanboys will only
focus on those.

If D wants to survive it better get people willing to help it,
making their lives more difficult when there are far better
options out there will only starve D of what it needs(investing).
All those that think D is just fine, you are cutting your own
throats... Eventually D will become defunct and you'll have to
move on. Might be 10 years, 20 years, 30 years... but when Walter
and Andrew are done with D in a few years there will be no one
who will keep it alive(maybe a fork will occur but doubtful it
would get anywhere).