extern(C++, ns) is wrong

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 05:16:56 UTC 2018

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 21:40, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 9/4/2018 5:31 PM, Manu wrote:
> > I'm just showing one case that you tend to be confronted with
> > immediately, which is that if you import a module, and then open a
> > namespace with the same name as the root namespace of a module you
> > imported, that is an error condition; the namespace conflicts with the
> > root namespace of the import.
>
> I have 30 years of experience doing tech support. I'm not going to guess what
> the problem is, or try to reconstruct an example from a handwavy description.
> Been there, done that, far too many times. It just wastes my time and will only
> frustrate you because I'll solve a different problem.

A hand-wavy description? You recall that last uber-thread right?
I can't add anything to that, and I'm not trying to...

I'm just, literally, begging you to fix this.
I'm serious, you can have your cake, and potentially, I could have my
cake too, and everybody would be happy... nobody would be sad.