This is why I don't use D.

SashaGreat s at great.com
Wed Sep 5 14:18:03 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 5 September 2018 at 13:27:48 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> 3ddemo has one commit. In February 2016. I think it would be an
> amazing feat indeed if a project with one version builds for
> more than 2 years in any language.
>
> I built it successfully with DMD 2.076 (I just picked a random
> old version). So it's still usable, you just have to know what
> version of the compiler to use. I'd say it would be nice to
> record which version it builds with in some way on
> code.dlang.org.

I think the first post is an overreaction, but now I'd like to
know what is the correct line of thinking in the community:

It's normal that it's not working newer versions?

I'm not being sarcastic, because if breakage is for a good reason
or in pursuit of a better language I wouldn't mind so much.

But I'd to know if breakage is considerate "normal" or
"shouldn't" happen in any way, like for example in Linux user
space (Even it's not 100%) or C++ world.

I'm telling this because I'm stuck with an older DMD version:
2.062, because the newer versions doesn't compiles my project.

S.