This is why I don't use D.

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Wed Sep 5 15:18:24 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, September 5, 2018 9:05:29 AM MDT SashaGreat via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5 September 2018 at 14:45:25 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:18:03 AM MDT SashaGreat via
> > Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
> Thanks for replying and I think I'm ok with this line of thought.
>
> And another thing it's not just my own code, but the
> third-parties libraries where some were unmaintained which I
> think it was because the breakage with new compilers.
>
> I think I'll try a gradual update and see how it goes.

3rd party libraries are usually the real problem if there is one. They need
to be maintained, and if something happens that breaks them from one release
to another, that can prevent you from upgrading until it's fixed - which may
or may not be quick even if they're maintained. And if they're not
maintained, well, then that's a serious problem. Now, that would be a big
problem in pretty much any language, but the greater rate of change in D
does make it worse than it would be in languages that change at a much more
glacial pace.

- Jonathan M Davis