This is why I don't use D.

Guillaume Piolat spam at smam.org
Thu Sep 6 10:35:44 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 5 September 2018 at 07:07:50 UTC, JN wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5 September 2018 at 06:16:57 UTC, Neia Neutuladh
> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 5 September 2018 at 05:44:38 UTC, H. S. Teoh
>> wrote:
>>> To me, this strongly suggests the following idea:
>>> - add *all* dlang.org packages to our current autotester / CI
>>>   infrastructure.
>>> - if a particular (version of a) package builds successfully,
>>> log the
>>>   compiler version / git hash / package version to a database
>>> and add
>>>   a note to dlang.org that this package built successfully
>>> with this
>>>   compiler version.
>
> Might be hard to definen what does it mean to "build
> successfully". Many D packages love their metaprogramming, so
> just building the package might be enough. Unit tests might
> even pass, but when trying to use it in an application it might
> fail in compilation.

+1 talk here assume that we can know what we build compile or not,
but with template it doesn't make sense unless the unittest
instantiate.

And since we can't add unittest magically where there is none,
it's not a maintenance problem but a visibility problem.

Packages that are unmaintained (registry could detect that)
should be harder to find.