Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

Guillaume Piolat spam at smam.org
Thu Sep 6 14:30:38 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 6 September 2018 at 13:30:11 UTC, Chris wrote:
> And autodecode is a good example of experts getting it wrong,
> because, you know, you cannot be an expert in all fields. I
> think the problem was that it was discovered too late.

There are very valid reasons not to talk about auto-decoding
again:

- it's too late to remove because breakage
- attempts at removing it were _already_ tried
- it has been debated to DEATH
- there is an easy work-around

So any discussion _now_ would have the very same structure of the
discussion _then_, and would lead to the exact same result. It's
quite tragic. And I urge the real D supporters to let such
conversation die (topics debated to death) as soon as they appear.

> why shouldn't users be allowed to give feedback?
Straw-man.

If we don't get over _some_ technical debate, the only thing that
is achieved is a loss of time for everyone involved.