This is why I don't use D.

0xEAB desisma at heidel.beer
Fri Sep 7 14:51:47 UTC 2018

On Friday, 7 September 2018 at 08:17:45 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
>> I think some sort of semver scheme really should be
>> implemented for the compiler and phobos. But we need more
>> manpower to handle that.
>
> Fair point on manpower.

Does using semver really solve anything here?
I've got the feeling that we'll end up with v128.0.1, v129.0.0,
v130.0.0 and so on, plus nobody caring about maintaining an LTS
branches.

Also, anybody is free to downgrade their compiler to any outdated
version anyway, giving those old versions a different version
number won't make using them more attractive, imho.