This is why I don't use D.

0xEAB desisma at heidel.beer
Fri Sep 7 20:14:11 UTC 2018

On Friday, 7 September 2018 at 20:06:47 UTC, 0xEAB wrote:
> What's the reason for this questions?
> Well, there's the evil `sourceLibrary` build type, that makes
> it impossible to build a package itself, no matter what.
>

> Kind regards,
> Elias

Okay, sorry, I think my last message will cause some confusion.

(1) Problem no.1 is that one cannot build a package with
targetType `sourceLibrary`.
(2) No.2 in order to circumvent that, one could just use this
package as dependency in some dummy pacakge.
(3) Only targetType `executable` will make DUB build the
dependencies of a package
(4) At the same time, DUB will always try to link the objects
then, not passing through `-c` when specified as d-flag. Means,
the "build" (the build itself works fine, of course) of all
packages depending on non-available libs will fail (because DUB
will exit with some linker error).

Kind regards,
Elias