This is why I don't use D.

Everlast Everlast at For.Ever
Sat Sep 8 00:04:08 UTC 2018

Seems there are a few good suggestions.

Here is another:

Have dub have the ability to submit patches when a previously
broken package compiles.

For example, I fixed a few bugs in the demo pretty quick... dub
should automatically push those changes to the right place so
they can be used by everyone else(with rollback of course).

Dub simply determines if a package is broken by trying to compile
it. When the package then compiles from being fixed by the user,
dub can recognize that and push the changes automatically(by
keeping track of the broken parts of the code and the changes).

This then allows fixes to accumulate by single users rather than
everyone having to fix things themselves and requiring them to
put in the effort to push the changes themselves.

99% of all these problems can be eliminated with a PROPERLY
designed system. I would think that it would be the first thing
on the table to do since without a properly designed system
things just head towards chaos like they have. The sooner the
PROPERLY designed system is created the sooner we all can benefit
from such a PROPERLY designed system.

Look how much wasted time and energy this single thread has
created just because of the improperly designed system. The
problem is people need to get out of the dark ages and stop
thinking like programmers from the 70's.  There are better away
to do things, it just takes people wanting to do them and willing
to spend the time to figure out the proper way. By making a
design that reduces the burden on the user, the user will be more
willing to contribute and will be able to contribute more and
everyone will benefit.