This is why I don't use D.

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Sat Sep 8 00:53:33 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 8 September 2018 at 00:04:08 UTC, Everlast wrote:
> Seems there are a few good suggestions.
>
> Here is another:
>
> Have dub have the ability to submit patches when a previously
> broken package compiles.

So I identify a package that doesn't compile anymore and submit a
patch that adds a bitcoin miner and sets fire to your cat?

If dub packages were scoped to a user, then you could fork a dub
package more easily. Then the dub registry page for that package
could contain both the information "this package doesn't compile
with DMD > 2.65.0" and "this package has a more up-to-date fork
that compiles with DMD > 2.068.0".

That means I can't hijack your project, which is good, but
updating broken dependencies takes manual intervention, which is
bad.