Source changes should include date of change

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 18:31:32 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 8 September 2018 at 07:08:46 UTC, Colin wrote:
> Some ad hoc comment system in source code to point out changes
> will never be as good.
>
> Just Use Git!

I'd agree for implementation changes, but *interface* changes
should be not just in the comment, but in a doc comment. Ddoc
specifically has a "History:" section for this (and adrdox also
supports "Since:").

So if you add a function, say when it was added, either a release
version number or the date it was released. When you change
function arguments, show it too.

Then if someone is looking at code and looking it up in the
documentation, they can see that like it called "foo!int" and it
is "History: added support for int in version 2.089, Sept 2018."
and then be like "oh that's why it is erroring, my thing is
version 2.088"