code.dlang.org package list

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sun Sep 9 06:32:39 UTC 2018

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 8:36:26 PM MDT void via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sunday, 9 September 2018 at 01:30:14 UTC, Neia Neutuladh wrote:
> > On Sunday, 9 September 2018 at 00:20:04 UTC, void wrote:
> >> How do I get a list of all packages (Github URL) available at
> >> code.dlang.org?
> >>
> >> I could download individual pages with wget --recursive
> >> code.dlang.org but I wonder if there is a better solution.
> >
> > https://code.dlang.org/packages/index.json
> >
> > https://code.dlang.org/api/packages/[package name]/info
>
> Thanks.
>
> I downloaded 100 packages from code.dlang.org and search for
> "*doc*" and "*example*"
>
> The results:
>
> 13 packages with "*doc*"
> 41 packages with "*example*"
> 55 packages with neither
> 8 packages with both

What would you expect that to tell you? ddoc doesn't require any kind of doc
folder (though some projects would have one for custom ddoc files that then
affect how the documentation looks), and usually, the best way to handle
examples is to use ddoc-ed unittest blocks. So, while in some cases, it
would be appropriate to have some sort of additional documentation or
examples separate from the source code, in general, there isn't much need
for it. So, I don't know what information anyone would expect to get from
whether or not a project has any folders with doc or example in their name.

- Jonathan M Davis