This is why I don't use D.

Nerve nervecenter7 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 15:38:14 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 5 September 2018 at 00:49:36 UTC, Everlast wrote:
> Really, D wins on very few metrics but the D fanboys will only
> focus on those.
>
> If D wants to survive it better get people willing to help it,
> making their lives more difficult when there are far better
> options out there will only starve D of what it
> needs(investing). All those that think D is just fine, you are
> cutting your own throats... Eventually D will become defunct
> and you'll have to move on. Might be 10 years, 20 years, 30
> years... but when Walter and Andrew are done with D in a few
> years there will be no one who will keep it alive(maybe a fork
> will occur but doubtful it would get anywhere).

And of course every single one of these threads descends right
into the same rampant myopic pedantry.

"I'm a new user and I like some things about this, but half the
time it was broken and all people tell me to do is fix it myself.
If D wants to grow large and replace other languages, it needs
normal users who do not have tons of experience or who don't have
the time to contribute to it, and their experience needs to be a
smooth one."

"Go away and stop using D. Now, if only we had more experienced
users with lots of time to contribute to the compiler..."

*10 pages of nitpicking over specific features, forgetting
entirely to address or empathize with the OP's position*