code.dlang.org package list

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Sun Sep 9 23:46:33 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 9 September 2018 at 06:32:39 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> What would you expect that to tell you? ddoc doesn't require
> any kind of doc folder (though some projects would have one for
> custom ddoc files that then affect how the documentation
> looks), and usually, the best way to handle examples is to use
> ddoc-ed unittest blocks. So, while in some cases, it would be
> appropriate to have some sort of additional documentation or
> examples separate from the source code, in general, there isn't
> much need for it. So, I don't know what information anyone
> would expect to get from whether or not a project has any
> folders with doc or example in their name.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

It would tell you who thought their projects were complex enough
to need separate prose documentation and separate examples, and
used the most obvious directory names.

Which is potentially interesting. It's a rather narrow result,
though.