This is why I don't use D.

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Mon Sep 10 15:34:40 UTC 2018

On Monday, 10 September 2018 at 10:50:16 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Nice work. I wonder about some of your results, as it says that
> dub itself doesn't build with all of the dmd versions, but
> somehow the tests pass sometimes (shouldn't be possible if you
> can't build dub itself). I just tested with `dub fetch dub; dub
> build dub` with the dub 1.10 that comes alongside dmd 2.081.1
> on linux/x64 and it built the latest dub 1.11 without a problem.

Thank you, fixed.

For some reason, libcurl was being linked in only with dub build,
and despite the fact that the test harness itself uses libcurl,
dub build couldn't find it.

I cleared out all failed builds just to be certain -- about six
hours lost total, and I'll trade six hours for bad data any day.

> Regardless, you should talk to Sonke about getting this
> integrated with code.dlang.org and to Mike about putting up a
> funding target to pay for both permanent server resources and
> your time coding this up. I've already said I'd donate towards
> such a target:

Thank you.