Mobile is the new PC and AArch64 is the new x64

tide tide at tide.tide
Tue Sep 11 03:13:08 UTC 2018

On Monday, 10 September 2018 at 13:43:46 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> That's why PC sales keep dropping while mobile sales are now
> 6-7X that per year:

This shouldn't be misunderstood as such, which I think you as
misunderstanding it. The reason mobile sales are so high is
because of planned obsolescence and the walled garden that these
devices are built around. I've gone through maybe 3-4 phones in
the time that I've had my Desktop, and I use my desktop every
single day. I don't need to buy a new one cause it runs perfectly
fine, there aren't operating system updates that purposely cause
the CPU to run slower to "save battery life" when a new device
and OS come out. That's not to say it isn't insignificant but the
sales numbers are exacerbated.