code.dlang.org package list

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Tue Sep 11 04:50:53 UTC 2018

On Monday, 10 September 2018 at 11:20:55 UTC, bauss wrote:
> I'm sorry, but it's not even close to accurate, because some
> libraries has documents on additional websites that has
> examples and no examples directly in the source code using
> "standard unittests" - This is true for most big libraries /
> frameworks.

Having checked out recent versions of all dub projects...

1300 dub projects with at least one release.

631 projects have example or test files / folders.

723 have unittests. (Or at least mention unittests somewhere in
their source code. A `version (unittest) static assert(0)` would
have counted. Or a comment saying that this project really should
have at least one unittest. It's the thought that counts, right?)

452 have a file or directory with 'test' in the name.

352 have a file or directory with 'example' in the name.

953 have unittest or tests or examples.

That's about 19 out of every 26 packages.

> You can't really measure such a thing accurately.

It's quite possible that every package that lacks an example or
test project instead has an external test suite. That's very
unlikely, though. It's rather likely that about 25% of dub
packages with at least one release have no tests.

Probably quite a lot of the untested packages have only one
release and no readme.