rund users welcome

Jonathan Marler johnnymarler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 01:11:59 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 11 September 2018 at 19:55:33 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Saturday, 8 September 2018 at 04:24:20 UTC, Jonathan Marler
> wrote:
>> I've rewritten rdmd into a new tool called "rund" and have
>> been using it for about 4 months. It runs about twice as fast
>> making my workflow much "snappier". It also introduces a new
>> feature called "source directives" where you can add special
>> comments to the beginning of your D code to set various
>> compiler options like import paths, versions, environment
>> variable etc.  Feel free to use it, test it, provide feedback,
>> contribute.
>>
>> https://github.com/marler8997/rund
>
> It would be great if you could create a pull request for rdmd
> to add the missing -i enhancement.
>
> Kind regards
> Andre

I did :)

https://github.com/dlang/tools/pull/292

I spent quite a bit of time on it but in the end the bulk of my
time was spent on what seemed to be endless debate rather than
writing good code.

After I decided to try forking rdmd my life got much better :)
Now I spend my time writing great code, making good tests and
having nice tools.  I'm much happier working than I am arguing
with people.  What took me months to do with rdmd took me less
than a day with my rund. So...if you have requests for rund
features or issues by all means let me know, but I don't control
rdmd and I've learned that time contributing to it is mostly time
wasted.