Mobile is the new PC and AArch64 is the new x64

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Wed Sep 12 09:18:46 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 12 September 2018 at 08:09:46 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 September 2018 at 08:34:31 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Yes, something like that should be done, but I won't be doing
> much with dub till next year. If anyone else is interested in
> doing it earlier, feel free.
>
> [...]

On Wednesday, 12 September 2018 at 08:09:46 UTC, Joakim wrote:

 From one of the articles you linked:

"The Apple Swift compiler has had the ability to compile code for
the Android platform for a few years now, but it hasn’t made many
friends in the developer community owing to its complexity. Our
toolchain was designed to solve this problem by taking the
complexity and headaches out of the process, so you can focus on
building great apps for your users."

If Android devs have been reluctant to touch Swift owing to its
complexity (not the language, the toolchain), do you think they
would touch D?