rund users welcome

aliak something at something.com
Wed Sep 12 10:06:29 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 12 September 2018 at 01:11:59 UTC, Jonathan Marler
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 September 2018 at 19:55:33 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> On Saturday, 8 September 2018 at 04:24:20 UTC, Jonathan Marler
>> wrote:
>>> I've rewritten rdmd into a new tool called "rund" and have
>>> been using it for about 4 months. It runs about twice as fast
>>> making my workflow much "snappier". It also introduces a new
>>> feature called "source directives" where you can add special
>>> comments to the beginning of your D code to set various
>>> compiler options like import paths, versions, environment
>>> variable etc.  Feel free to use it, test it, provide
>>> feedback, contribute.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/marler8997/rund
>>
>> It would be great if you could create a pull request for rdmd
>> to add the missing -i enhancement.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Andre
>
> I did :)
>
> https://github.com/dlang/tools/pull/292

Made me sad to read that and related PRs ... sigh :(

But anyway! rund seems awesome! Thanks for it :) some questions:

Are these all the compiler directives that are supported (was not
sure if they were an example or some of them or all of them from
the readme):

#!/usr/bin/env rund
//!importPath <path>
//!version <version>
//!library <library_file>
//!importFilenamePath <path>
//!env <var>=<value>
//!noConfigFile
//!betterC

I love the concept of source files specifying the compiler flags
they need to build.

Cheers,
- Ali