Mobile is the new PC and AArch64 is the new x64

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Thu Sep 13 15:08:59 UTC 2018

On 13 September 2018 at 10:11, Kagamin via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 September 2018 at 22:41:31 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> With one comparison being a high end ARM64 server is no better than a
>> cheap laptop bought 5 years ago.
>

> For single thread performance that's true, but it's not how a server works?

Wait, how do YOU think a server works?

>> RISC-V got accepted into gcc-7, and runtime made it into glibc 2.27,
>> there's certainly a lot effort being pushed for it.  They have excellent
>> simulator support on qemu, porting druntime only took two days.  Patches for
>> RISCV64 will come soon, probably with some de-duplication of large blocks.
>

> Druntime works on riscv?

Yes - on a simulator at least.  Haven't tried running all unittests
yet, nor shared library support.  I did run two of the most convuluted
tests I can think of after building - runnable/eh.d and
runnable/sdtor.d - both pass with flying colours.