Proposal to make "shared" (more) useful

Arafel er.krali at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 09:36:44 UTC 2018

> You can do
>      private Unshared!(S*) s;
>      this(){ s = new S(1); }

Yeah, there are workarounds, also some other minor issues. For example,
I wanted to use it with a pointer type, and then take the pointer of
that (don't ask me: C library), and I had to find a workaround for this
as well.

My point is that:

1) It's not transparent, not even remotely clear how to get this working.
2) It should be if shared is to be used. If shared is to be disowned /
left as it is, then there needs to be an alternative to casting voodoo
because right now doing "manual" multithreading is hell.

A.