phobo's std.file is completely broke!

tide tide at tide.tide
Sat Sep 15 13:54:45 UTC 2018

On Friday, 14 September 2018 at 19:17:58 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Friday, 14 September 2018 at 19:06:14 UTC, Josphe Brigmo
> wrote:
>> For very long file names it is broke and every command fails.
>> These paths are not all that long but over 256 limit. (For
>> windows)
>
> Please file a bug report with reproducible examples if you
> believe it's a bug.

I feel people need to stop saying this. It feels like people are
just being told to say this if there is a bug. There is a larger
issue, Bugzilla doesn't and isn't working. Someone will probably
throw up some stats about how many bugs are filed and how many
are resolved. Those exist because someone working on Dlang comes
across a bug that affects them, creates a patch for it first,
then goes and creates a bugzilla entry and marks it resolved.
Issues are rarely resolved by anyone other than the person that
created the bug report to begin with. Or issues created by a team
member is resolved by another team member.