phobo's std.file is completely broke!

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 00:09:12 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 15 September 2018 at 23:50:43 UTC, Josphe Brigmo
wrote:
> [...]

D is generally described as a system programming language. There
is value in favoring a simple and obvious implementation ("do
what I say") over going out of one's way to make usage simpler
("do what I mean"). The tradeoff is performance and complexity.
Performance is generally an important factor for users of system
programming languages, and complexity is a source of unforeseen
problems in non-trivial use cases.

Consider, for example, how integers are treated in D and Python.
D's integers are fixed-length and roll over on overflow. Python
integers are bigints, which makes them slower, but can handle
numbers of any size.

 From your posts, it sounds like you're looking for a programming
language closer to Python than to D.