phobo's std.file is completely broke!

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sun Sep 16 00:53:45 UTC 2018

On Saturday, September 15, 2018 6:28:20 PM MDT Vladimir Panteleev via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sunday, 16 September 2018 at 00:14:12 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > As for figuring out who is "officially" part of the dlang org
> > (or at least has the rights to merge PRs from at least one
> > dlang repo), you can look here
> >
> > https://github.com/orgs/dlang/people
> >
> > though it's possible to hide your membership, so while I see 59
> > members when I look at it while signed in, if I look at it
> > while not signed in, I see only 40.
>
> I think it's worth clarifying: Only Walter and Andrei have the
> final say on things. Everyone else is a contributor (with a small
> few financially rewarded for their work). So, the above list of
> people isn't a good metric for much other than knowing who can
> merge your PR.

Yeah, the list is mostly of folks who have contributed significantly enough
to have been given merge permissions at some point. Some of us may have some
influence based on how long we've been with the project and the level of
knowledge and expertise that we've shown in the process, but as far as
deciding the direction of the project or anything like that, it's all Walter
and Andrei. The primary influence that any of us have is simply by the work
we contribute via PRs and the feedback we give when reviewing PRs. It's not
like there's a hierarchy of authority or anything like that. For the most
part, the only authority that Walter and Andrei have given others is the
authority to merge PRs.

- Jonathan M Davis