phobo's std.file is completely broke!

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 01:33:52 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 16 September 2018 at 01:19:46 UTC, tide wrote:
> I guess that's why Bugzilla is a complete disaster. No one, at
> all, is maintaining it. As there are only 2 people that can
> really maintain it, and I don't see either of them commenting
> on bugs to provide direction, at least very often.

Well, I think that's looking at the situation from the wrong
angle.

Most of D's code was written by volunteer contributors, and
usually the code's author ends up maintaining that code, at least
for a while. So, when you find a bug in some part of D and can't
fix it yourself, looking at who wrote or last maintained the
relevant code and pinging them would be the first step.

There are some things we can improve, like upgrading the platform
or improving the categorization so people can receive
notifications when someone files a bug in a Phobos module they
care about. I've been slowly working on that front
(https://github.com/CyberShadow/bugzilla-meta), but it doesn't
change the underlying facts that bugs are most likely to be fixed
by people who work on the code, not Andrei or Walter or any one
person "in charge" of Bugzilla.