int/longRe: DIP 1015--removal of integer & character literal conversion to bool--Final Review

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 01:47:33 UTC 2018

Thanks! https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/134/files

> The only thing I think is missing is a flag to accelerate the
> process s.t. the examples
>
> f(E.a);
> f(E.b);
> g(a - b);
>
> can be made to call their int/long overloads straight away. But
> otherwise, er, no. A resounding yes with a small request to
> make the transition faster!

I'm not too keen on adding a compiler flag, because then I have
to worry about deprecating the compiler flag.  I don't know if
the bugs that this DIP fixes are serious enough to justify it.
I'd be happy to add it if others are willing to voice their
support for it, demonstrating sufficient demand.  Or, I suppose I
could add it as an option for Walter and Andrei to approve or
reject on judgement day.

Mike