phobo's std.file is completely broke!

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Sep 18 20:01:07 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 18 September 2018 at 19:33:00 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> On 09/15/2018 09:54 AM, tide wrote:
>> On Friday, 14 September 2018 at 19:17:58 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>>>
>>> Please file a bug report with reproducible examples if you
>>> believe it's a bug.
>>
>> I feel people need to stop saying this. It feels like people
>> are just being told to say this if there is a bug. There is a
>> larger issue, Bugzilla doesn't and isn't working. Someone will
>> probably throw up some stats about how many bugs are filed and
>> how many are resolved. Those exist because someone working on
>> Dlang comes across a bug that affects them, creates a patch
>> for it first, then goes and creates a bugzilla entry and marks
>> it resolved. Issues are rarely resolved by anyone other than
>> the person that created the bug report to begin with. Or
>> issues created by a team member is resolved by another team
>> member.
>
> While that's admittedly all-too-true, filing a proper bug
> report is still an essential step.
>
> Like you, I'm all for bringing attention to important issues on
> the newsgroup. However, it is CRUCIAL for this to be IN
> ADDITION to filing a bug report, and NOT INSTEAD of filing a
> bug report.

Correct. There's no point in having a lengthy discussion on the
topic without a bug report because it'll just waste their time
and then they'll complain that their bug is being ignored. Unless
there is a change in the operation of this project, all bugs
reported in the forum need to be addressed by telling them to
file a bug report.