Mobile is the new PC and AArch64 is the new x64

Dave Jones dave at jones.com
Thu Sep 20 13:33:31 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 20 September 2018 at 10:02:05 UTC, Laurent Tréguier
wrote:
> On Thursday, 20 September 2018 at 08:15:39 UTC, Dave Jones
> wrote:
>> [snip]
>
> I apologize for the tone I'm using, I shouldn't jump on that
> train.
> I'll clarify my position on this: I'm not completely absolutely
> sure that smartphones will kill the PC market, but I do think
> it's a possibility that just can't be dismissed.

No need to apologise, I didnt pick up any "tone".

FWIW I agree with your position in the long term. I mean I dont
think we can predict 15 years from now what computing will look
like. Most everything said in this thread could be irrelevant by
then.