Mobile is the new PC and AArch64 is the new x64

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 15:02:31 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 20 September 2018 at 13:33:31 UTC, Dave Jones wrote:
> No need to apologise, I didnt pick up any "tone".

I felt like I sounded aggressive; I tend to get worked up very
quickly over nothing sometimes. ("this train-wreck of a
thread"...)

> FWIW I agree with your position in the long term. I mean I dont
> think we can predict 15 years from now what computing will look
> like. Most everything said in this thread could be irrelevant
> by then.

Yep. Besides, I probably shouldn't even talk about such things,
I'm not really qualified to talk about markets and all that, so
I'll stop here.

In the 80's, some people thought we would have personal flying
cars by now; instead we have mini-computers in our pockets that
are more powerful than what was used to send people to the moon.
Technology is simply unpredictable sometimes...