Visual Studio Code, Code-D and Microsoft's Visual C++ Debugger (cppvsdbg)

Void-995 void995 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 16:01:05 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 19 September 2018 at 14:29:27 UTC, Vladimir
Panteleev wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 September 2018 at 14:22:13 UTC, Void-995 wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Cool!
>
>> What if that will be added as DMD command line option
>
> DMD used to have the switch -gc, which meant to emit debug
> information but pretend to be C as much as possible. It was
> removed as it wasn't considered necessary any more, but this
> looks like the perfect use case for it.
>
> I suppose it's not possible to make Natvis understand D symbols?
>
> Rainer Schuetze would be the person closest to this topic, I
> think. Doesn't Visual D already have something in it to get the
> VS debugger to understand some D types better?

Thanks for pointing me at -gc. That's way better place to
continue needed work for making Natvis working properly and
happy. Of course, the start is ugly, bat that's the start:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vb5fjwclrzcwl3l/dmd-return-of-gc-for-natvis-0001.diff?dl=0