Jai compiles 80,000 lines of code in under a second

mate aiueo at aiueo.aiueo
Fri Sep 21 06:02:26 UTC 2018

On Friday, 21 September 2018 at 05:39:35 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Friday, 21 September 2018 at 05:11:32 UTC, mate wrote:
>> Note that the build can be done at compile time because the
>> metaprogramming capabilities of the language are not limited
>> in terms of system calls.
>
> Good luck bisecting that code base when any version of it did
> anything even mildly specific to the author's PC.

Indeed. I am actually not sure if there really are no limitations
to Jai’s CTFE, in its current state. There are probably
facilities in the stdlib to avoid the need for doing system
specific things; also the build instructions would hopefully be
contained in some function/file either by convention or as
required by the compiler, limiting the scope of build debugging.

Moreover, I got the feeling that the language is geared towards
“good programmers” and is less concerned by mistakes happening
because the author did something stupid.