Jai compiles 80,000 lines of code in under a second

mate aiueo at aiueo.aiueo
Fri Sep 21 07:19:41 UTC 2018

On Friday, 21 September 2018 at 06:34:47 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> The problem with putting it in the compiler is that it
> invalidates many contracts (and, thus, use cases) about what
> invoking the compiler can do. This means you can't bisect or
> reduce (as with Dustmite) the source code reliably.

I am not able to see the difference it makes. Normally when you
bisect you build the program to test using the build system. Is
not it equivalent to what the Jai compiler would do?
What cases do you have in mind?

> Reproducible builds are out too, as the produced object file is
> no longer purely a function of the source code and compiler
> version.

It depends on the developer not doing anything stupid in the
build instructions, be it compiler-executed or not. Doesn’t it?