Jai compiles 80,000 lines of code in under a second

aliak something at something.com
Fri Sep 21 13:31:02 UTC 2018

On Friday, 21 September 2018 at 05:39:35 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Friday, 21 September 2018 at 05:11:32 UTC, mate wrote:
>> Note that the build can be done at compile time because the
>> metaprogramming capabilities of the language are not limited
>> in terms of system calls.
>
> Good luck bisecting that code base when any version of it did
> anything even mildly specific to the author's PC.

Where your build system lives makes zero difference to bisecting.
You can have author-PC specific behavior in the build recipe
whether that's in a source file or a "build script".

I guess it would be more compartmentalized though. But being able
to say "the code here needs this feature" (which is not something
you can do when the code doesn't know how to compile itself)
could seems pretty useful.